Imagine life with less dependence on your contacts or glasses.
Whether you want to see with your eyes open under water, fall asleep watching TV without worrying about taking off your glasses, or go for a jog in the rain, you wonder what it would be like to feel the freedom of not needing glasses or contact lenses to see clearly.
You want to be able to talk to a doctor about laser vision correction – a highly experienced doctor who makes you feel comfortable, who teaches you about your vision and helps you decide whether or not this is a safe procedure for you.
Welcome to StrongVision.
Here you will find a team of eye care professionals that is dedicated solely to laser and surgical vision correction. Highly specialized in the safety and effectiveness of these procedures, StrongVision’s physicians and staff will ensure that you receive the best care and guidance available.
StrongVision combines the premier clinical and research resources in laser and surgical vision correction to provide you with the most customized approach to evaluating and treating you and your vision. Using the Bausch & Lomb Zyoptix Customized Ablation System and the advanced “University of Rochester Nomogram” advanced treatment planning software, Dr. Scott MacRae and the StrongVision team help approximately 97% of their patients with typical prescriptions to see 20/20 or better without glasses after laser vision correction surgery. Fewer than 5% of patients who have surgery at StrongVision require retreatment to achieve the visual outcome that they desire. These outcomes are some of the best available in the world. Dr. MacRae achieves these results using specialized treatment formulas developed by StrongVision’s Data Analysis Team. The team provides real-time analysis of Dr. MacRae’s surgical results improving the accuracy of treatment. The University of Rochester Nomogram advanced treatment planning software (provisional patent filed) is currently being made available to other users of the Bausch & Lomb Zyoptix System but was developed by Dr. MacRae here at StrongVision.
- The most advanced diagnostics including Zywave wavefront sensing technology to analyze all of your eyes’ optical errors in ways never before possible. Wavefront sensing is the StrongVision team’s unique strength. They helped develop the technology with the University of Rochester’s Center for Visual Science. Working with Bausch & Lomb, Dr. MacRae and the StrongVision team have been world leaders applying this groundbreaking technology to laser vision correction.
- The best treatments available by one of the most experienced surgeons in the world. Dr. Scott MacRae has over 25 years of experience and has performed over 12,000 refractive surgical procedures. An internationally known educator and lecturer, he has trained hundreds of surgeons on how to perform laser vision correction. Leading doctors from around the world visit him to learn advanced techniques. Dr. MacRae is a leading researcher and innovator in the field of laser vision correction and customized ablation. In 2003, he received the Lans Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, given by an international group of his peers for excellence in the field of refractive surgery. Dr. MacRae has also authored the definitive text in customized ablation refractive surgery “Customized Corneal Ablation: The Quest for Super Vision” now out in its second volume, “Wavefront Customized Visual Correction: The Quest for Super Vision II.” He was recently named one of the “Top 50 Opinion Leaders in Cataract and Refractive Surgery” as voted by the readers of the professional journal, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today.
- One of the premier laser vision correction facilities featuring the Bausch and Lomb Zyoptix system the Orbscan II Corneal Analysis System, the Procyon SA2000 digital pupillometer, the Technolas 217z excimer laser, and an expertly trained technical and patient education staff.
- The newest in vision correction surgery for highly nearsighted patients – the Verisyse Phakic Intraocular Lens Implant. Recently FDA approved, this implantable lens can be used to treat extremely high degrees of myopia that are beyond the range of traditional laser vision correction. Dr. MacRae and the Strongvision team performed the first Verisyse lens surgeries in Western New York. Dr. MacRae is a consultant to AMO, Inc., the manufacturer of the lens and help them pass the rigorous FDA approval process.
- A new option for nearsighted patients with cataracts – The crystalens® intraocular lens (IOL) implant is now available. This revolutionary lens not only restores distance vision after cataract surgery, but it also restores a level of functional intermediate and near vision. Dr. MacRae is one of the few surgeons in the area certified to implant these premium lenses during cataract surgery.
StrongVision Refractive Surgery Center
100 Meridian Centre, Suite 125
Rochester, NY 14618