Weak Erection Home Remedies and Tips
Erectile dysfunction is a common and stressing problem among men. While many men who suffer from erectile dysfunction may notice a range of symptoms, one of the most common is having a weak erection, or the inability to maintain an erection throughout intercourse. There are many possible causes for a weak erection and even a few natural remedies and lifestyle changes that may help you improve the quality of your erections, improving your performance during sexual intercourse.
What Causes a Weak Erection?
There are many causes for a weakened ability to get or maintain an erection. These reasons will generally fall in one of two categories, either physiological or psychological, with the most common reason being physiological (organic) causes. Of men who suffer from a weak erection, only about 10% suffer from a psychological disorder that causes the issue. The majority of men (85%) have experienced some sort of physical malfunction or injury and about 5% of cases are undetermined.
Weak erections are due to one or a combination of the three following factors:
The body fails to initiate an erection. This occurs frequently in men who suffer from greater health disorders, degenerative diseases, nerve malfunctions, and serious injuries. The body is unable to properly transmit signals from the brain that initiate the penis filling with blood.
The penis fails to fill with blood. This happens when blood flow is poor and can be due to many factors, from health issues to smoking tobacco.
The penis fails to retain blood to maintain the erection. This happens when the blood flows too quickly out of the penis and back into the body. This is also common among men with certain health problems or who smoke or use recreational drugs.
There are many organic causes for a weak erection. Some of these include:
- Tobacco use
- Drug addiction
- Alcohol abuse
- Sleep apnea
- High levels of stress
- Nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Performance anxiety
- Chemical exposures
- Blood pressure problems
- Poor diet
- Multiple sclerosis
- Poor circulation
- Heart disease
- Prostate problems
- Gum disease
- Medication for hair loss
Of course, this is not a complete list. Because there are so many physiological and environmental factors that can affect a man’s ability to get and maintain an erection, it can be hard to pinpoint the cause of the weak erection. Typically, when you notice that your erections are weak, especially if the symptoms occur frequently or for more than 48 hours at a time, you should first look at your pre-existing conditions. Often, a weak erection is a side effect of another health concern, and treating the original problem will help solve the weak erection as well.
Using recreational drugs, smoking or chewing tobacco, and drinking alcohol are all common factors that lead to weak erections. However, the problem should be solved when the substance use is removed. If not, you may be looking at an internal problem or other health concern. Poor diet is another common reason for weak erections.
When diet is poor enough to cause fatigue, the body may not have sufficient energy to get or maintain an erection, and sex drive may also be decreased. In addition, dehydration is a leading cause for weak erections, and the problem should disappear quickly after hydrating your body.
Herbal Remedies for Weak Erections
According to some, there are many herbal supplements that can help you maintain an erection and enjoy a prosperous sex life. Many of these herbal supplements are generally beneficial to men’s sexual health and can sometimes help correct problems like low sex drive, pre-ejaculation, low sperm count, and the inability to orgasm. Some of these herbal remedies include:
• Nettle Root: The stinging nettle root is often used to promote sexual health for men, and can help with weak erections by boosting testosterone content. It also acts as a strong antioxidant, which has not only sexual health benefits but full body benefits as well.
• Horny Goat Weed: Horny goat weed has long been used to remedy erectile dysfunction and can be used to improve the symptoms of a weak erection, especially due to poor circulation and blood pressure problems.
• Schisandra: This is another herb that just generally supports men’s sexual health, but it also commonly thought to improve erectile capacity during intercourse.
• Tongkat Ali: Tongkat Ali is known as a natural aphrodisiac for both partners and is also known to help correct some hormone imbalances in men, which can help improve your ability to get and maintain an erection.
• Black Ant Extract: Black Ant Extract is commonly taken for its anti-aging abilities and when taken over time can decrease the effects of aging on sexual readiness and longevity of erections.
• He Shou Wu: This supplement does a couple of jobs that can benefit male sexual health, but the most important is that it can help relax the blood vessels around the penis to increase blood flow, resulting in a fuller, longer lasting erection.
• Pine Pollen: Pine pollen is another herbal remedy that helps solve weak erections by increasing blood flow and balancing hormones, especially by increasing testosterone.
Tips for Solving Weak Erections
Aside from prescription medications, treating serious health conditions, and trying herbal remedies, there are other tips and tricks that may help you experience fuller, longer lasting erections. Here are some lifestyle changes and quick tricks that may help solve your weak erection problem:
• Drink plenty of water: Improving hydration can improve the quality of your sex life and reduce health problems that may lead to a weak erection. Adequate hydration is the key to most of the body’s natural function, and without enough water, almost every bodily process is stunted, including sexual processes.
• Exercise regularly: Exercising regularly can help increase blood flow, therefore increasing your ability to get and maintain an erection. Studies show that men who exercise regularly experience a more fulfilling sex life overall, including increased sex drive and intensity of orgasms.
• Avoid pornographic material: Some studies suggest that men who frequent divulge in pornographic material are more like to experience problems related to erectile dysfunction. These studies suggest that pornographic material, as well as frequent masturbation, may decrease metal focus in the bedroom, making you less able to enjoy intimate contact with your partner.
• Get enough sleep: One of the most common reasons for weak erections is insomnia. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule and getting at least eight hours of sleep at night can help improve most symptoms of erectile dysfunction and a weak erection.