Skip to content
- A national model for forward-thinking medical education that is shaping a new generation of physicians, nurses, and scientists and preparing them to embrace patient/physician partnerships.
- A vital educational resource for healthcare professionals at allied institutions.
- A thriving research center dedicated to turning laboratory theories into proven therapies – such as a vaccine developed here, credited with virtually eliminating bacterial meningitis in children and considered by many as one of the great medical success stories of the 20th century.
Schools of National Renown
- The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry ranks among the top ten percent of medical schools for primary care, and is among the top 25% of medical schools in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The medical school’s unique double helix curriculum integrates scientific studies and clinical skills early in a physician’s training. This approach is being lauded as a national training model for the new physician.
- The University of Rochester School of Nursing has a long-established reputation for excellence in nursing education and research, and continues to be among the top 20% of nursing schools receiving research funding.