In a Medical Emergency call 9-1-1
Strong Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong
Strong Memorial Hospital’s Department of Emergency Medicine is a New York State designated Level One Regional Trauma Center offering comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries for adult and pediatric patients.
Strong Memorial Hospital is home to the region’s largest and most modern emergency facility. Our new 55,000-square-foot Frank and Caroline Gannett Emergency Center was designed to improve efficiency in a facility that handles more than 75,000 visits per year.
- Adult Treatment Area
- In the adult area, 26 patient cubicles surround a raised nursing-station so patients are readily visible to the staff.
- Family Express
- The Family Express area has been enlarged to ensure that treat-and-release patients can be cared for and discharged within an hour.
- The Laurence and Dennis Kessler Regional Trauma Unit is state-of-the-art, equipped with seven spacious bays, radiant heat, digital radiography and quick access to on-roof helipad, as well as the ICU’s and operating room.
- Children’s Emergency Center
- The Children’s Emergency Center features child-friendly murals, a separate waiting room, and a private, critical care room-thanks to a generous gift from the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Clinical Decision Unit
- In the Clinical Decision Unit, patients can stay for 23 hours while the need for hospital admission is determined.
- Psychiatric Emergency Department
- The two-story ED contains a full psychiatric department on the second floor. This area has 10 private rooms, including 72-hour observation rooms and a separate waiting room for families.
Highland Hospital’s Emergency Department is a full-service Level 2 emergency department, providing treatment for:
- OB/GYN complaints
- Urgent care needs (minor surgical or medical problems)
Urgent care services for patients with minor emergencies are available through Highland’s Fast ER care. Highland’s Fast ER Care is open daily, noon -10:00 p.m.
Emergency Department at Strong Memorial Hospital
Emergency Department at Highland Hospital