How to Cure Erectile Dysfunction Naturally and Permanently: Various Theories
Many men deal with erectile dysfunction on a daily basis but cannot be bothered with the need to take a prescription pill to get or maintain an erection or experience a healthy sex drive. Some men prefer to try alternative, natural remedies for ED, and many have with much success. Because every man is different, there is a slew of natural remedies that may work for you.
What is Erectile Dysfunction and What Causes It?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also called impotence, is a common issue amongst men of all ages. It is a common misunderstanding that ED only affects a man’s readiness for sex, or his ability to get an erection. Men with erectile dysfunction may also find it difficult to maintain an erection and experience a decrease in libido. It often affects the man on multiple levels, including negatively impacting his self-confidence, causing emotional turmoil and problems in his relationships, and decreasing both sex drive and sexual satisfaction for both partners.
Erectile Dysfunction can be the result of various health issues, especially ones that affect the circulatory system, like hypertension (elevated blood pressure), high cholesterol, heart disease, or aterosclerosis (clogged blood vessels,) as well as endocrine diseases, like a thyroid disorder.
Other things can cause erectile dysfunction, such as stress, mental illness, neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s or multiple sclerosis, certain medications, and some lifestyle factors such as smoking, drug use, or the consumption of alcohol, especially in excess.
Because there are so many possible potentiators, it can be difficult to pinpoint the cause of a man’s erectile dysfunction. However, being able to pinpoint to issue can greatly increase the chances of finding a cure, since it enables you to directly treat the cause. Even if you cannot pinpoint the cause of your ED, though, you can still treat and possibly cure your problem.
Can You Cure Erectile Dysfunction Naturally?
We like to use the word “cure” lightly. It is very possible to use natural remedies to see a reduction and possibly the elimination of your ED. However, every man, and every case of erectile dysfunction is different, so it is impossible to label one natural remedy as a “cure all.” Many men have seen results from simple natural remedies.
In some cases, something as simple as reducing stress or quitting smoking can eliminate the issue of ED altogether. Many different natural remedies are circulating the world of men’s health, but we have compiled a list of the ones with the most positive backing, or the ones that seem to be the most popular among men of all ages.
Natural Remedies for Men Dealing with Erectile Dysfunction
Several natural remedies may help you ease the grip your erectile dysfunction has on your life. These include lifestyle changes and diet changes, as well as a few holistic remedies. Sometimes, one remedy is enough to see an end to your ED, while other men may use a combination of the following solutions. As always, you should talk to your doctor before attempting to self-treat ED or before making any serious lifestyle changes.
Stop Masturbating and Watching Racy Content
Many men have reported that decreasing or eliminating both masturbation and pornography helped solve their struggle with erectile dysfunction. Eliminating these things from your sex life can promote focus on your partner during intercourse, while a decrease in the amount and frequency of ejaculation can help with ED by increasing sex drive and ability to get and maintain an erection.
However, you should not refrain from sexual activity. Continuing to enjoy sex and sexual contact with your partner promotes healthy penis function.
Change Your Diet
Sometimes poor diet can be a leading cause of erectile dysfunction. For some men, over-consumption of carbs or fatty foods can lead to ED. Being overweight increases your chances of suffering from ED and can sometimes be the main cause of the disorder.
Adding in healthful and nutritious foods to your diet may promote healthy functions all over your body, including your reproductive systems. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables can also reduce fatigue, which can cause poor penis function and loss of sex drive as well.
Cigarettes are full of harmful chemicals and carcinogens that have been linked to erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, and other conditions that affect the reproductive system. Quitting smoking can greatly increase your reproductive health and help you control your erectile dysfunction.
It’s no secret that it can sometimes be hard to get an erection after one too many drinks. However, consuming alcohol, especially excess amounts, can cause you to have trouble even when you aren’t intoxicated, and men who frequently consume alcohol in excess are more likely to have ED.
The opposite may be true for moderate consumption of red wine for most men. Red wine contains resveratrol which helps dilate the blood vessels and possibly increase blood flow to the penis.
Try a Holistic Remedy
There are several natural, holistic remedies that many men stand firmly behind. It is imperative that you consult your doctor before trying any of these remedies, as many of these herbs and supplements should not be taken in combination with many prescription drugs, such as Viagra, a common medication prescribed to men who suffer from ED. Some of these natural remedies include:
- 1L-arginine: L-arginine has shown to help to dilate blood vessels, which can increase blood flow to the penis, helping you get and maintain a healthy erection.
- 2Ginkgo: Ginkgo functions similarly, increasing the amount of blood flow to the penis. However, this supplement should not be taken with blood thinners or some other medications.
- 3Ginseng: Many men swear by ginseng and its ability to cure ED. Ginseng is a natural energizer, and is a natural, healthy supplement often used in energy drinks. Increasing energy may lessen fatigue and boost your sex drive.
- 4Horny Goat Weed: The effects of horny goat weed on ED have not been studied, but there are theories (any many personal accounts) that claim that this herb improves the symptoms of ED. Other theories link horny goat weed to an improvement in heart health, which can aid blood flow to the penis.
- 5Propionyl-L-Carnitine:Some studies outline the benefits of propionyl-L Carnitine for men with ED when combined with their regular Viagra,butthe use of this supplement should be closely monitored by your physician.
- 6Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): Multiple studies have shownDHEA supplements as an effective way to boost sex drive in women. Although not many studies have researched the same effect on men, it is practical to think that the effects would be similar. Many men have claimed to see an overall general improvement in their ED when taking DHEA regularly.