After you are discharged from the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, outpatient therapy is an important next step for many patients. Our follow-up care and clinics include the following:
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy—For anyone with a rehabilitation problem, we recommend that you return to Strong Memorial Hospital for your outpatient therapy. Our inpatient rehabilitation therapists work closely with our outpatient therapists. At the Strong Rehabilitation Center at Clinton Crossings, we provide a full range of services, in a state-of-the-art facility. Our outpatient team will facilitate your transition and help ensure your progress going forward.
- Rehabilitation Physician Follow-Up—Your family doctor will provide your routine medical care after you are discharged. We will send your family doctor a summary of your rehabilitation stay. Your rehabilitation doctor is available by telephone if your family doctor has any questions. Your rehabilitation doctor is also available for follow-up after you are discharged for any rehabilitation problems.
- The Spinal Cord Injury Clinic—The focus of the Spinal Cord Injury Clinic is health promotion after a spinal cord injury. The clinic is held monthly. It is recommended about six weeks after your hospital discharge and, then, annually. It is an opportunity for you to meet with a physical therapist, occupational therapist, social worker and your rehabilitation physician to briefly review your needs or explore ways in which we can assist you. It is also an opportunity to keep current on new technology and research.
- Prosthetic Clinic—The Prosthetic Clinic is a monthly clinic to provide follow-up with any prosthesis issues or general concerns you may have regarding an amputation.
- Equipment Clinic—The Equipment Clinic is available if you need to replace or require any additional medical equipment. Your vendor and a physical therapist will help you choose the right equipment to meet your needs.
- Stroke Center