The Strong Regional Trauma Center is the Greater Rochester’s only full-service, trauma facility. As such, it provides 24-hour access to high quality trauma care, as well as trauma systems leadership for the entire Finger Lakes region. The Strong Regional Trauma Center admits over 1,900 injured patients each year.
State-of-the-art Facility Speeds Critical Care
- Easy access by air (helipad) or Critical Care Transport Service (ground)
- Comprehensive transfer center to coordinate all emergency and inter-facility transfer requests
- Trauma team available around the clock
- Modern, well-equipped resuscitation bays
- State-of-the-art imaging, including CT Scanner in the Trauma-ED center
- Trauma ultrasound (FAST) capability
- Direct access to newly designed trauma operating rooms
- Outstanding critical care resources, including a 25-bed, dedicated Kessler Family Burn/Trauma Intensive Care Unit
Quality of Life Matters
Our care starts when a patient arrives at the Trauma Center and ends when they are successfully rehabilitated. We track each patient’s progress to help ensure continuity of care throughout the recovery stage.
The diagram shows the comprehensive approach to trauma care at the Strong Regional Trauma Center.