Highland Hospital holds a unique place within Strong Health. Throughout its 114-year history, Highland Hospital has continued to evolve to meet Rochester’s changing health care needs. The Hospital on the hill near beautiful Highland Park first opened its doors in 1889 and helped develop the foundation for Rochester’s innovative health care system that we know today.
Highland is known for its comprehensive women’s services, nationally ranked geriatrics program, regional leading gastric bypass program, extensive network of primary care physicians, highly skilled orthopaedic surgeons, the Evarts Joint Center and much more.
Throughout the years, Highland has always focused on providing high quality patient care and fulfilling its mission as a community hospital by offering comprehensive clinical services that meet the needs of our patients. That patient-centered focus of care is a significant part of the internal culture with our employees, physicians and leadership. Highland pride is visible throughout the organization and part of the promise of our health care team to provide exemplary customer service every day.
Highland offers a unique experience to its patients and visitors. From the friendly greeting at the reception desk to the courtesy knock on the door by an attentive nurse, Highland’s health care team is ready to make your visit a pleasant one.
Our statistics are proof:
- A significantly high percentage of patients are satisfied with Highland Hospital and would recommend us to their friends and family.
- Ninety percent of our physicians are board certified in their respective medical specialties.
Specialty Services at Highland Hospital
- We offer 15 primary care practices across the Rochester area specializing in both internal and family medicine. And, Highland Hospital is host to one of the country’s leading educational programs in Family Medicine.
Highland Hospital’s enduring commitment to Women’s Health is reflected in our ever-expanding array of services and programs.
- Our Breast Imaging Center includes the most comprehensive range of service for breast care in the region.
- At our Family Maternity Center we now deliver more babies than any other hospital in Rochester. We are privileged to share in the joy of the birth of your baby and in return, we focus all our attention on making your experience as comfortable as possible.
- Our Dedicated Women’s Inpatient Unit-East 5 is a unique place, designed to provide a comfortable and private environment for women recovering from treatment related to gynecologic conditions, gynecologic oncology, breast cancer surgery and reconstructive surgery.
- More geriatricians care for their patients on Highland Hospital’s ACE Unit than any other unit in the western New York region. Our doctors, nurses, social workers, therapists, and other professionals emphasize active listening and communication as they provide exceptional care for older adults.
- At the Strong Health Bariatric Surgery Center at Highland Hospital, we perform 10-14 bariatric surgeries per week. This makes us one of the busiest programs in New York state. We regularly see patients from well beyond the Rochester area including, Syracuse, Buffalo, the Southern Tier, Pennsylvania and Canada.
At Highland Hospital you are sure to get exceptional care, whether you need a specialist in:
Highland Hospital is committed to improving the health of the Rochester community.
1000 South Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620