Highland Hospital has protocols in place to ensure the best possible inpatient experience, and a complete continuum of pre- and post-operative care. This includes:
- A streamlined admissions process that ensures patients receive care as quickly as possible whether they come through the emergency department, are admitted directly, or are transferred from other hospitals.
- A complete assessment performed by an interdisciplinary team, including orthopaedic surgeons and geriatricians who can identify risk factors and optimize the patient for surgery.
- Effective pain management.
- A schedule that enables most surgeries to be performed within 24 hours.
- Daily orthopaedic and medical evaluation to ensure earlier mobility and faster recovery.
- Discharge planning that incorporates physical therapy, social work, home health services, and/or skilled rehabilitation services.