- Large drug companies mass-produce medications that don’t meet every individual need.
- Often, medications are no longer produced by the manufacturer
- Some drugs are available in limited strengths and dosages
- Many medications are expensive
- Some patients are allergic to commonly used fillers, dyes, binders, and other additives.
For all these problems…..medication compounding is the solution.
Medication compounding allows our pharmacists to customize the strength and dosage of a medication to meet your individual needs. Compounding may involve changing a medication from a pill into a penetrating skin cream, adding flavors, or preparing a dye-free or preservative-free medication.
How Do Pharmacists Compound Medications?
Our pharmacists start with pure bulk chemicals and use new technology and devices to prepare almost any prescription. Strong Health Pharmacies have both the ingredients and the expertise to combine chemicals into any dosage and medication form desired. In addition, we offer medication counseling for patients so that they know how to use their medication properly. Ask us how compounded medications can help you.
Compounded medications include:
|Compounded Medications at Strong Health
|Inhalation (nebulizer) Medications
|Lip Balms, Medicated Lollipops, Medicated Lozenges
|Eye and Eardrops
|Nasal Sprays lidocaine D.H.E.
|Pediatric Formulations and Flavors
|Physical Therapy Formulations